courtesy of Gary Painter
Opened 1912, closed 1968. Converted to a vetinary surgery; demolished c.2008.
The facade of the Picture House was originally much grander than it appears now, with
a baroque-style frontage, a large arch and a flag-pole above the entrance.
Exterior view from June 1985 here, courtesy of Paul Francis.
The original exterior c.1912 can be seen below, courtesy of Kevin Phelan:
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.