Thanks to Ian Miller of the Old Scottish Borders Photo Archive at www.ettrickgraphics.com
for information and permission to reproduce some of the archive photos.
Thanks to Joe Skivington and Norrie Mcnamee for additional photos and
Corn Exchange / King's / Odeon /
Classic / Marina
Nightclub after cinema closed; Burnt down 1992. Largely demolished
after fire; turret only retained.
Photos below from the 1980s, courtesy of Paul Francis.
The Wee Thee
Badly damaged by fire in 1940s. Now a Salvation Army citadel.
An archive shot of the interior from 1914 can be seen here,
courtesy of Stewart Donaldson.
Hawick Little Theatre
8 Croft Road
Heart of Hawick
Photo courtesy of David Simpson
111 seat auditorium configurable as a cinema, theatre and conference centre
Opened October 2007.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.