Palace / Playhouse Cinema
Opened June 1932, with 586 seats. Improved and renamed Playhouse, 1938. Closed 1970.
Photo above courtesy of Alan Smith.
Photos below from an exhibition of recovered items from the building in May 2006; courtesy David Low.
Images of the demolition below courtesy of David Low:
Palace / De Luxe
Opened 1913; closed in 1932 when new Palace opened.
Photo courtesy David Simpson
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.