Town Hall / Playhouse
Early film shows in Town Hall, built 1871 by architect William Joass.
Converted into cinema by Invergordon Picture House Company (AB King), 1934.
Architect Alexander Ross and Son. to seat 500. Part-week bingo from late 60s. Films ended, 29.4.84.
Converted to Arts Centre, 1988. B-listed.
Photo courtesy John McNaught and Wendy Sanders.
An archive photo of the building as the Playhouse can be seen on this external website here.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.