Opened in 1939. Bingo since 1964.
Corner design with vertical fins quite reminiscent of the Odeon
Additional exterior pictures:
Photo of the Globe from June 1985 here, courtesy of Paul Francis.
Built and opened by Kemp's. Operating by 1915. Sold to Green's, c. 1920.
Seating was for 961. Now demolished; Supermarket on site.
Image courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland.
The other Johnstone cinema - also now demolished - was the George, known also as the Flea Pit (site now a car park).
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.