Playhouse / Caledonian Cinema
Opened 1935. Seated 500 + 200 (balc.). Closed 1982. Bingo
then a furniture shop
(Photos of the demolition on the Tour of Keith website)
Photo courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee.
Exterior images c.2008 courtesy of Harry Rigby - another here.
Interior photo (to rear, showing projection portholes) courtesy of David Low.
Predated the Playhouse, opening in 1926. Now an auction house.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.