Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Kinross Cinemas

Back  Main Page


Station Road

Image above and here courtesy of Alex Braid.

Image, c.1972, courtesy of George Millar here.
A private company was formed to acquire land for the purpose of erecting a cinema 26/3/38.
The cinema opened on 12th September 1938. Original seating was for 600, later reduced
(to avoid Entertainment Tax!) to 400. BTH Projectors and sound.
Cinema listed in the phone books of 1969 and 1980. Later used as a bingo hall, now demolished.

Information courtesy of Dave Stewart

Picture House

Image courtesy of Bruce Peter.

Back  Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.