Argyll / Eskdale
Operating in 1956. 300s
Converted into a cinema in mid 1930s; ceased to be a cinema in 1970s.
A detailed view of the entrance is available here
Photos courtesy of Paul Francis, taken June 1985.
Buccleuch Hall (Milligan's Hall)
Has recently been refurbished and will soon show films again on a roll-up screen, with digital projection.
Photo courtesy of Harry Rigby
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.