Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Macduff Cinemas

Back  Main Page

Macduff Cinemas

2, Skene Street

Opened in the late 1920s by William McNab as 'The Cinema'. Bought by JB Milne, refurbished and renamed
in December 1941 as the Regal. Closed as a cinema in 1963.

Photo above courtesy of Alan Smith.
Photos below thanks to David Low and Colin Munro.

Archive images below courtesy of George Millar:

1941 Exterior

1951 Exterior

1951 Neon sign detail

Interior, 1951

Back  Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.