Opened 1927 as Gaiety Theatre; closed 1973.
Photo above by Harry Rigby
Photo here and here courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee.
Opened circa 1925, designed by Haxton and Watson.
Remodelled (for scope?) by Haxton and Watson, 1955. Now demolished.
Photo above and here courtesy of Paul Francis.
Photo above, here and here courtesy of Paul Francis.
Archive photos below, c.1956, courtesy of George Millar:
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.