Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Milngavie Cinemas

Back  Main Page


Douglas, Main Street
<Picture courtesy of Graham Kelly>

The Douglas opened around 1927.
It closed on 24th February 1962, with a showing of 'Greyfriars Bobby'..
It was owned by the Beckenridge family, who had previously shown films in the old Town Hall.

Now shops/offices.

A view of the rear of the building can be found here.

Back  Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.