Back Main Page
Picture House / Palace /Star
Picture courtesy of Paul Francis.
Opened 1915, by Lothian Coal Company, with profits from Gothenburg pub.
Archictect was A. Murray Hardie, and seating was for around 700. Later
known as Star. Converted to shop use. Later demolished for flats.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.