Newton Stewart Cinemas
Newton Stewart Cinema
33 Victoria Street
Opened in 1933 as the Picture House, seating 490.
Closed 1968, and then bought by
The building was rebuilt and refurbished in the 1990s
In 2006, it is open as a cinema with 1 screen and 244 seats.
Official website at http://www.nscinema.co.uk/
Postcard below shows the Cinema as the Picture House
Pictures below are from June 1985, showing the building empty and up for sale.
Courtesy of Paul Francis.
Rex Picture House
Princes Street / York Road
See entry under Wigtown.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.