|Opened in 1921 with seating for about 900. Bingo since late 1960s, currently a bar/snooker club.|
planning application was submitted in 2007 which would see the
auditorium demolished for flats, but with the foyer retained. The
outcome of this is not yet known.
Image of canopy c.1977 courtesy of Alistair Kerr. Exterior photo courtesy of Harry Rigby.
People's Picture Palace
Opened c1910 in former Co-op Hall. Closed 1922.
Photo courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.
(Identification of site not definite!)
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.