Opened 1912 in older music hall. Closed 1960.
Picture taken 2002. Now demolished.
Photo courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee.
Opened June 1939 by Millar & Walker. Arch. Lennox Paterson (or AD Haxton).
Very handsome cinema. Known locally as the 'Rega' after the last letter fell off the sign. Cl. 1970s. Demolished.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.