Ryan Centre Cinema/Theatre
Part of a leisure centre complex.
Designed by James McKissack in 1931, as part of entertainment complex inclusing a dance hall and restaurant.
Original seating was for 1,174. Closed to film in August 1976, and has since been demolished.
St. Andrews Street
A cinema on this site was operating as early as 1914; as a film was made for it
(now in Scottish Screen Archive).
Now demolished, these photos are from June 1985, and courtesy of Paul Francis.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.