Star Electric Cinema / Kingsway
Operating in 1953. Closed c.1981. Social Club. Originally sat approx 300. Demolished for flats.
Built around 1936; cinema until 1960; then bingo, then social club.
A detailed view of the entrance is available here
Photos courtesy of Paul Francis, taken June 1985.
Candida Casa Cinema / Town Hall
Image courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association Archive (Tony Moss Collection)
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.