Back  Main Page

Kelso Cinemas

Photos courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee.


Opened in early 1930s in former church of 1793. 
Went over to cine-bingo in 1974.  Renovated in 1991.
200 seats.
Cinema closed in 2004, and may now be converted for restaurant use.

 Corn Exchange Picture House

Opened 1917 in the Corn Exchange of 1855.
Fewer screenings by mid-20s. Closed early 30s?
Picture courtesy Joe Skivington.

Havannah Court

Opened 1931, seating 700. Closed 1960s.
Picture courtesy Joe Skivington.

Back  Main Page