Back  Main Page

Kirriemuir Cinemas

35-37 High Street

Building dates from 1800s, with a cinema auditorium built at the rear in 1911, and the left-hand part of building converted to entrance.

Reopened 1931 with sound. Closed 1961, bought & reopened by Visochhi’s 1962, closed 1969, building restored to original exterior in the 1970s and the café extended into what was the foyer. The auditorium was  demolished in 1994.

The building is B-listed.

Photos courtesy of Harry Rigby.
The postcard below shows the building with the cinema entrance.

Back  Main Page