Opened 1922. Cinema seats still in balcony.
Photo courtesy of Graham Kelly. C(s)-listed Until recently a Gala bingo, in late 2009 the building was leased by the Leven Community Cinema group,
who are refurbishing and restoring the interior, and plan to re-open it as a cinema in March 2010.
Side view here.
1990s view here, courtesy of Donald Kirkbride.
Photo above and here courtesy of Harry Rigby. Open c.1938. Currently used as a Snooker club.
1990s photo here, courtesy of Donald Kirkbride. Photo here courtesy Norrie Mcnamee, 2000.
Image on the left c.1977 courtesy of Alistair Kerr.
A hall used for theatre, cinema and dancing. Full-time dance hall from 1951. Dem. 1973.
Image courtesy of Bruce Peter
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.