Cinema de Luxe
Opened 1903s. Seated 720. Bingo for a while.
currently used as workshop & offices.
in situ – projectors
still in box
(model O), Kalee 12,
AEI Xenon) -
Photos courtesy of Harry Rigby.
Two photos of the building taken when still a cinema in the late 1970s
courtesy of Alastair Kerr.
Other exterior shots c1990 below courtesy of Donald Kirkbride.
The Cinema/Opera House
Opened in 1920s in Reid's Hall / Opera House of 1908. Large fly
tower at rear.
Demolished April 2007 for housing after sitting derelict for some time.
|Gallery of demolition pics here, courtesy of Ian Ross.|
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.