Lochgelly Cinemas Cinema de Luxe
Opened 1903s. Seated 720. Bingo for a while. Auditorium
currently used as workshop & offices.
in situ – projectors
still in box
(model O), Kalee 12,
AEI Xenon) -
Photos courtesy of Harry Rigby.
Two photos of the building taken when still a cinema in the late 1970s
courtesy of Alastair Kerr.
Other exterior shots c1990 below courtesy of Donald Kirkbride.
The Cinema/Opera House
Opened in 1920s in Reid's Hall / Opera House of 1908. Large fly
tower at rear.
Demolished April 2007 for housing after sitting derelict for some time.
Gallery of demolition pics here, courtesy of Ian Ross.