(New) Carrick Cinema
Photo above and a rear view here
are courtesy of
Opened August 1938; closed as a cinema in the 1960s. 1986 view here, courtesy of Paul Francis.
This replaced an earlier cinema, opened 1912 in Culzean Road, called the Carrick Cinema House.
Details of the the original Carrick can be seen on www.maybole.org
St. Cuthbert's Street / Smiddy Brae
Opened in the inter-war years. Went to bingo when cinema closed.
There was an appeal for a change of use from bingo to amusements in 1984.
Photo above and here from June 1985 courtesy of Paul Francis.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.