(New) Carrick Cinema
Photo above and a rear view here
are courtesy of
Opened August 1938; closed as a cinema in the 1960s. 1986 view here, courtesy of Paul Francis.
This replaced an earlier cinema, opened 1912 in Culzean Road, called the Carrick Cinema House.
Details of the the original Carrick can be seen on www.maybole.org
St. Cuthbert's Street / Smiddy Brae
Opened in the inter-war years. Went to bingo when cinema closed.
There was an appeal for a change of use from bingo to amusements in 1984.
Photo above and here from June 1985 courtesy of Paul Francis.