Newton Stewart Cinema
33 Victoria Street
Opened in 1933 as the Picture House, seating 490.
Closed 1968, and then bought by
The building was rebuilt and refurbished in the 1990s
In 2006, it is open as a cinema with 1 screen and 244 seats.
Official website at http://www.nscinema.co.uk/
Postcard below shows the Cinema as the Picture House
Pictures below are from June 1985, showing the building empty and up for sale.
Courtesy of Paul Francis.
Rex Picture House
Princes Street / York Road
See entry under Wigtown.