Back  Main Page

Rosyth Cinemas

Palace Cinema
Queensferry Road

Opened in 1921 with seating for about 900. Bingo since late 1960s, currently a bar/snooker club.
A planning application was submitted in 2007 which would see the auditorium demolished for flats, but with the foyer retained. The outcome of this is not yet known.

Image of canopy c.1977 courtesy of Alistair Kerr. Exterior photo courtesy of Harry Rigby.

People's Picture Palace

Opened c1910 in former Co-op Hall. Closed 1922.
Photo courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.
(Identification of site not definite!)

Back  Main Page