|Later acquired by Caledonian
Associated Cinemas in 1969, and twinned (approx 2x300 seats) in
dividing balcony in half with a false ceiling over front of stalls
are now used for bingo.
Bought in late 1990s by Carlton Bingo who own numerous Bingo halls;
this is their only cinema operation. It continued showing films until
closure on Sunday 20th April, 2008.
picture of the rear of the auditorium.
for some interior
pictures, courtesy of Alan Bunting and Hugh Thomson.
archive shots from the 60s and 80s, courtesy of Andy Simmonds.
Archive photo of the staff on opening night here,
courtesy of Stewart Donaldson.
Some interior shots and details of equipment can be seen here,
thanks to Colin Shearer.
|[Original proscenium c.1960 courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive]
[Original side decoration c.1938 courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association Archive]