Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Glasgow Cinemas

Back   Main Page

Aldwych
2130, Paisley Rd West



Photo courtesy of Bruce Peter.
Opened in April 1938 by Smith and Welsh, designed by architect James McKissack to seat 2,500.
Sold to Singleton's, in Januart 1950. Closed in 1963, and used for bingo until demolition in 1964 for a supermarket.

Images below courtesy of the CTA Archive


 
Back  Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.