Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Alexandra Parade Picture Palace

Main Page

Alexandra Parade Picture Palace
490, Alexandra Parade


Opened in 1910 by Smith & Welsh in a conversion of an old skating rink behind a tenement block. Seated 350. Closed in 1921. Later used as shops, etc. The hall at the rear of the tenement has recently been demolished, though the entrance close remains (rightmost door in above photo).

Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.