Back Main Page
484, London Road / Canning St
Opened on Hogmanay 1930 by ABC. The architect was WB Inglis, and the
building originally sat 1,409. It was sold to Harry Winocour in 1939,
then sold to Green's in November 1954. It closed as a cinema in April
1962, and was used as a bingo hall, before being demolished in 1971.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.