Back Main Page
Argyle Electric Theatre
55 Argyle Street
Images courtesy of Chris Doak.
Opened in December 1910, designed by George Boswell to seat 754.
Rebuilt, reopened, November 1938, by architect Boswell, to seat 1,250.
Closed in March 1960. Demolished in 1963 for Argyle Street Station.
New frontage and other images from 1938 shown below, courtesy of the CTA Archive.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.