Back Main Page
Spingburn Picture House / Astor
Image above courtesy of Old Springburn
Opened c1920 by J. Graham. Architect was AV Gardner. Basically a tin
shed seating 1,535. Sold to Glasgow & West of Scotland Cinemas,
April 1945. Renamed, November 1947. Sold to CMA (Rank), April 1955.
Closed 17.11.66. Destroyed by fire, 1968.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.