830 Springfield Road
|Opened in 1921 to seat 893.
Originally run by AE Pickard. Closed in 1955, and later used as
BBC TV studios until 1974. Now a warehouse, still named the Black Cat
Photo below c1980, courtesy Chris Doak
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.