Back Main Page
90, New City Road
Photo courtesy Cinema Theatre Association archive
|Opened in November 1922 by Grove Picture House Ltd. in the old UP Church.
Architect J Jeffrey Waddell, who provided seats for 895. Rebuilt in 1927 by architect. CJ McNair to seat 1,020.
Renovated, in 1954, when seating was for 954. Closed & demolished in 1964.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.