Back Main Page
149, Castle St, Townhead
Opened October 1911 by AE Pickard. Purpose built as a cinema by
architect George A Boswell to seat 987. Sold to the Glasgow Casino
Ltd., in March 1924. Closed in February 1965. Used for bingo until
1968. Demolished in 1973.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.