Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

City Picture House

Main Page

City Picture House
60 Union Street, City Centre


Opened in June 1913, as a conversion of an old restaurant. The City Picture House seated around 400, and closed in 1923. The building is now a shop.

An interview with the manager in 1919, Mr Waddell, can be read here.

Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.