Back Main Page
Commodore / Odeon
1297, Dumbarton Road
|Opened to the public in January 1933 by
Singleton Cinemas Ltd. Designed by architect James McKissack to seat
2,000. Quite similar to his other 'Embassy' cinema.
Sold to, and renamed 'Odeon', September 1936. Closed November 1967, and demolished 1976.
Photo above courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association archive.
||Copy of the original December 1932 Opening Souvenir Brochure here.
Brochure courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.