Back Main Page
Crown / George
163, Crown St, Gorbals
Opened 1930 by JM Drummond on the site of the earlier Crown
designed by architects Lennox & McMath, with seating for 900. Sold
to Associated GP Cinemas and renamed in April 1948. Closed September
1970. Demolished 1974.
Photo courtesy of the Gould Theatre Collection.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.