Back Main Page
163, Crown St, Gorbals
Images courtesy of Chris Doak.
Opened 1914 by JM Drummond, accessed through a tenement close. Designed
by architect William Reid, seating was provided for 350. According
to RCAHMS records, the building was originally the Southside Assembly
Rooms of 1876 (by architect Horatio Kelson Bromhead). Demolished
in 1930 for the replacement Crown
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.