Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Empire Electric Theatre

Main Page

Empire Electric Theatre
106 Napiershall Street

This conversion of the existing Wilton Hall in the back court of a tenement ran as a cinema from 1910 to 1913. The hall itself has been demolished, but the entrance would appear to have been the leftmost of the two pink doorways in the above photo.

Photos c1980 courtesy Chris Doak

 

Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.