Back Main Page
557, Ballater Street
Image courtesy of Chris Doak.
Opened November 1912 by Empress Pictures Ltd. in an old machine shop.
Architect was James Austen Laird, and seating was for 240. Closed in
1914, later industrial units. Now demolished.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.