Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Gilmorehill G12 Cinema and Theatre Main Page
Gilmorehill @ G12
University Avenue


Opened as the Anderson Free Church in 1877, and used by Glasgow University as exam hall from 1950 to 1996. Refurbished in 1997 as home to Glasgow University Film, TV and Theatre Studies Department, with offices, theatre, cinema, cafe and rehearsal space.

138 seats in Andrew Stewart cinema, 220 in the theatre.
16/35 mm film projection facilities with Dolby surround sound, as well as video and DVD available.
B-listed

Website at www.gilmorehillg12.co.uk

Pictures of the interior available here.
 
 

Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.