Back Main Page
625, Argyle Street
Image courtesy Cinema Theatre Association Archive - Tony Moss Collection.
Opened 19.12.09 in an old variety theatre by JJ Bennell. Seating was for 2,000. Sold to Anderston P&V Ltd, August 1928.
Renovated, April 1935. Arch. CJ McNair, when seating was for 1,403.
Used as Glasgow Concert Hall from January 1963.
Closed and later demolished in 1968.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.