Back Main Page
729, Govan Road
Opened in June 1913 by SCVT as a purpose-built cinema. The architect
was Richard Henderson. Original seating was for 1,209. it closed in
April 1936, and was demolished to make way for the Plaza
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.