Back Main Page
Govan Cross Picture Palace
51-55, Helen Street
Image courtesy of Chris Doak.
Opened August 1910 by James Hamilton in an old shed/skating rink.
Architect was James C Robertson, and seating was for 1,282. Closed in
1929, then used as a warehouse.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.