Imperial / Ritz
2-6 Govan Road, Cessnock
|Opened January 1921, in a
conversion of an old stables. It originally seated 1,100, and was
rebuilt and re-named Ritz after a fire in 1952. Closing as a cinema in
1959, it is now Glasgow's Grand Ole Opry.
|Archive photos courtesy Chris Doak
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.