Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Kings Picture Theatre

Main Page

Kings Picture Theatre
59 James St, Bridgeton


Originally a drill hall, then a skating rink, the King's Picture Theatre opened as a cinema in 1910, and sat around 1400. The facade was rebuilt in 1936, and the cinema closed in 1959.

Now a furniture store and warehouse. A side picture of the exterior available here.

Archive photo courtesy Chris Doak

Interior images below, c.2008, courtesy of Sam Hayward & Murray Thomson.

Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.