Back Main Page
Maxwell Picture House / Palladium / Pollok
99-107, Shawbridge St.
Image courtesy of Chris Doak
Opened in March 1921 by James
Graham. Architect was J Jeffrey Waddell, to seat 980. Renamed in August
1932. Sold to J Boe, then a Miss A Burns in April 1945. Renovated, and
renamed Pollok Picture House. Closed and demolished in September
Photo on theGlasgowStory.com here
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.