Back Main Page
West End Playhouse / Empress / Falcon
New Metropole / Jimmy Logan's Metropole
313 St Georges Road
Photo c1980 courtesy Chris Doak
|Opened 1913 as the
West End Playhouse, seating 1300. Reopened as Empress Variety &
Picture Playhouse in 1914; variety theatre with cinema showings until
1960s. Falcon Theatre from 1960; New Metropole from 1962; Jimmy Logan's
Metropole from 1964. Closed 1972; demolished 1987.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.