Back Main Page
118, Cowcaddens Street
Opened 1919 on the site of the
burnt-out Grand Theatre. Architect G Boswell provided seating for
1,775. Renovated in 1926, with a jazz-moderne interior. Sold to the
Grove Picture House Ltd, 1936. Closed in March 1959 to become part of a
department store. Demolished in 1966.
Photos courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive.
Interior picture below of the original interior of the Grand Theater, c.1904.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.